SND welcomes entries from around the world and every effort will be made to have a native speaker of the entry’s language included in the judging. However, we cannot guarantee that a native speaker always will be available.
Please be sure you provide specific URLs, and a username and password if your site is subscription only — you must supply valid credentials if your site has a paywall. Entrants are responsible for web availability of entries. SND is not responsible for any material lost in transmission.
All entries must be submitted to http://digital.snd.org/submit-entry/.
- Submissions must have been published and digitally available between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
- All websites, apps, social media design, and experimental products dedicated to the presentation of news may submit. It is not necessary that these sites are part of a newspaper or magazine organization.
- It is not necessary to be a member of SND to participate.
News Organization Definition
- Large: If your news organization has more than 300 employees.
- Medium: If your news organization has between 51 and 300 employees.
- Small: If your news organization has 50 or fewer employees.
- Student: If your news organization is primarily made up of student journalists and does not rely on professionals for primary development, editorial leadership or reporting.
All entries must be received no later than Friday, January 12, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
The entry fee is based on membership in SND, although you do not need to be a member to enter. (You can join SND here.)
- SND members: $25 per entry
- Non-SND members: $40 per entry
- Students: $15 per entry
All payments will be processed in U.S. dollars. If you are unable to make your payment with a credit card, contact SND at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for payment by bank draft.